Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shopping, Again

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Much to my (pleasant) surprise this morning, my wife suggested we head out to Harbor Freight to pick up some of the additional tools I need. Since I know she doesn’t really like hardware stores I accepted the offer and, in return, offered to spend some time with her, afterwards, shopping for clothes (which we ended up not doing - by her choice, I might add). Much like Saturday, this turned out to be a good trip and, also like Saturday’s post, here is a list of the major thing I got (no pictures, though):

There is one Dremel 400 XPR, 2 pieces of 2’ x 2’ x 23/32 plywood to be used to make the body mold, a bench-top scroll saw, a bench top band saw, several sizes of hand planes, a soft mallet for use when fretting, and a dial indicator. As promised, I have updated the lists to the right showing everything I have already purchased as well as all those that I know I still need.

Before I cut into anything I am still waiting for my second book and the hardwoods for the back, sides, and neck to arrive, so for now its back the reading and surfing again...

No comments: